We love to publish articles written by fellow travellers, but since we’ve reduced our publishing schedule we are unable to accept many guest posts at the moment.
However, if you’d really like to write for us, you’re welcome to submit a pre-written article to us for consideration.
We are looking for articles about:
- how to visit local festivals.
- city guides for destinations.
Please follow the guidelines below:
Length: 800-1200 words
Style: Personal but informative.
Festival article structure:
Part 1: Personal story to get the reader into the experience
Part 2: General information about the festival. Dates, prices, what it’s about.
Part 3: Transport to the festival (how to get to the city and to the event itself)
Part 4: Where to stay
Part 5: What to do/eat
Part 6: Any other considerations (for example: what else to do in the location, some tips for enjoying the festival)
Note that each part could be between 1-3 paragraphs, as required. An example of our style: Vivid Festival.
City guide structure:
Part 1: Introduction to the city. Why is it so great?
Part 2: Layout and location.
Part 3: Where to stay.
Part 4: What to eat.
Part 5: How to get around.
Part 6: What to do (include free, paid, and seasonal activities).
Part 7: Where to next?
Note that each part could be between 1-3 paragraphs, as required. An example of our style: Prague city guide.
Send it through!
Email mail @indietravelpodcast.com with the following information:
- The text of the article as outlined above.
- Four or five photos, taken by you. We often use photos taken on our iPhones, so that kind of quality is fine, as long at they aren’t blurry and are large enough: at least 2000px on the longest side.
- A 2-3 sentence bio, written in the third person, similar to others on our site.
- The URL you’d like to link to in your author profile. This can be your personal blog or a social media profile if you prefer (but not a corporate site).
- Your Gravatar email address.
If you don’t have one already, please go to http://en.gravatar.com and create a Gravatar. This will bring in your photo automatically to WordPress.
And what can we give you?
Unfortunately, we don’t pay for articles. But, from time to time, we do commission work on a particular place or topic — and when we do, we always look to current writers first.
We can provide expert editing, so your stories look great. This might also mean we ask you to revise it a few times before it sees the light of day. This also means we don’t accept every story idea we get sent.
We can provide a great audience, so your work gets read. And if you have your own travel blog that might be some good exposure for people to find you.
Interested in joining us, sharing your travels and inspiring people to travel well? Send us an email and we’ll let you know what we think!